cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zafercoban

Zynq SPI Slave mode receive error

Hi,

We are using SPI-0 as master (uses SS-0) and SPI-1 as slave (uses SS-0) on our custom Zynq-7020 board. We have verified SPI-0 interface but SPI-1 does not seem to receive anything. Even when we set internal SPI-to-SPI loopback mode (through SLCR MIO-LOOPBACK reg.) SPI-1 receives nothing. We can reach registers of SPI-1 correctly so we assume SPI-1 is clocked properly. But after transmission completed, there is no change in status register of SPI-1 and Rx FIFO reads return all 0x00s. Any similar experience or suggestions for using PS SPI in slave mode or using both PS SPI peripherals?

Regards, Zafer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
muzaffer
Teacher
Teacher

are you sure both spi-0 & spi-1 can be enabled in your configuration? If you connected ethernet to the mdio, I don't think you can turn both on without conflict.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
zafercoban

SPI-0 uses MIO[40...45], SPI-1 uses MIO[46...51], MDIO uses MIO[52...53] and Eth-0 uses MIO[16...27], so yes, both SPIs and MDIO can be configured without any conflict.

0 Kudos
sercantun
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, I am having the same problem. I managed to run loopback mode in ZedBoard but on a custom board slave spi is not responding. İs there any progress ?

0 Kudos
zafercoban

Hello, the problem was related to hardware(soldering). I think the processor was also damaged so we changed it and problem fixed.

0 Kudos