cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor
Advisor

ZynqMP fast interrupt mode

Hello,

I am using the AXI Interrupt Controller core with a ZynqMP processor.  The software guy sees that a fast interrupt mode is provided in the controller documentation and wants to try that.

Enabling that box in the IP core GUI for the controller leads to some confusion about how it should be wired up to the ZynqMP PS.  In the controller GUI you have to select "bus" mode for the interrupt output before you can click the Enable Fast Interrupt Mode box. 

When you do those things the diagram shows a new clock and reset on the left and proccessor_ack and interrupt_address buses on the right. Clicking OK leaves the new clock and reset but deletes the ack and address buses. The interrupt output is switched back to single.  All this leaves me with a lot of uncertainty as to whether I have really wired the controller with fast interrupt mode enabled.  Search of the Xilinx web site mostly turns up Microblaze related questions for fast interrupt mode.

Is Fast Interrupt Mode supported with ZynqMP? 

How do I wire up the AXI Interrupt Controller for this mode?

----------------------------------------
DSP in hardware and software
-----------------------------------------
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The fast interrupt mode option in the axi interrupt controller is specific to Microblaze.

For ZynqMP, you could look at using FIQ.

0 Kudos