cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s002wjh
Explorer
Explorer

amp xapp1078/1079

when adding repository for amp design then generate BSP for amp, i encounter these errors(using 2014.4)

Description Resource Path Location Type
make: *** No rule to make target `all'. standalone_amp_bsp_0    C/C++ Problem

Problem running tcl command ::sw_standalone_amp_v3_07_a::generate : invalid command name "xget_libgen_proc_handle"

while executing

also update to http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/XAPP1078+Latest+Information

any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Follow the readme file from the latest information download. The standalone bsp found in the latest info download for 2014.4 includes a newer bsp (version 4.2).

0 Kudos
sschekall
Participant
Participant

These to not work if you update to Vivado/SDK 2015.4

I've tried XAPP1078+Latest on a MicroZed. 

standalone_bsp_v4_2 (USE_AMP=1) does not compile because of 

LONG not being defined in xil_types.h 

standalone_bsb_v5_3 (USE_AMP=1)  crashes before it reache main(); 

I can't debug it and I get no help from Xilinx, or the Author of XAPP1078. 

It is very frustrating. 

Please Could some one please update  XAPP1078+Latest  so that is can work on 2015.4. 

0 Kudos
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I have not had the time to test/update xapp1078 for 2015.4 yet. Below are directions so that you can update the bsp yourself.

You need to customize the latest standalone bsp for the version of tools you are using. In the following link: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/XAPP1079-in-Vivado-2015-4/m-p/687742

I posted how to change the bsp for xapp1079 and 2015.4.

Additional changes are required to the bsp for xapp1078 since a 'virtual' stdin/out is used by cpu1 instead of a real uart. If you plan on continuing to use the 'virtual' or 'soft uart', then you need to modify the bsp to prevent it from removing the stdout functionallity.

The additional changes required to standalone for using soft uart is to replace all '#ifdef STDOUT_BASEADDRESS' with '#if defined STDOUT_BASEADDRESS || STDOUT_REDIR' in the files: src/cortexa9/gcc/write.c, src/cortexa9/print.c, and src/cortexa9/xil_printf.c

And, the virtual mapping of address 0x20000000 to 0x00000000 in src/cortexa9/gcc/boot.S needs to be disabled by commenting out the lines around mmu_loop. Refer to the lines that were commented out in the previous version of modified bsp.

0 Kudos
varunrajendran
Observer
Observer

Hi all,

I have created a design with ARM and Microblaze running on Zynq-Zc702 with Vivado 2016.2 toolchain. The ARM uses gpio emio to reset the Microblaze. When both ARM and Microblaze run a bare-metal application from SD card, both was able to boot up and working good.

When I run a Linux on both the ARM core and Microblaze with bare-metal application on Zynq-Zc702, it was able to boot Linux from SD card and not able to boot Microblaze.

I would like to know whether any specific change to be done in devicetree and Linux kernel image to boot Microblaze from Linux?

Thanks

0 Kudos