Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

axi_ama tlast port issue

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

here I have a hls IP using axis interface without tlast port, and I was trying to connect it with PS with AXI Direct Memory Access with the help of AXI4-stream Subset Converter. 

How should I deal with the tlast port here? 

Regards

snip_20170929155812.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @jianmingli1,

You can enable TLAST for the Master Interface on the Subset Converter and set a Generate TLAST interval (e.g. 256) so that TLAST will be set every n-th transaction. Tying TLAST to '1' might be an option too, but setting it to '0' is not a good solution because it will cause problems with DMA.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @jianmingli1,

You can enable TLAST for the Master Interface on the Subset Converter and set a Generate TLAST interval (e.g. 256) so that TLAST will be set every n-th transaction. Tying TLAST to '1' might be an option too, but setting it to '0' is not a good solution because it will cause problems with DMA.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@hpoetzl

Hi Herbert,

may I ask one more question? 

I have an IP with two inputs (real and imag) and one output. How can I connect them to an AXI Direct Memory Access?

Regards

snip_20170929180444.png

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @jianmingli1,

You can use the AXI Stream Broadcaster IP for this.

The slave interface needs to be twice as wide as the two master interfaces and you need to select the appropriate range under 'Stream Splitting Options'.

Best,

Herbert

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@hpoetzl

Hi Herbert,

I tried your advice. But it's like that master interface width is twice as wide as the slave interface by default. is that right?

Regards

snip_20170929195403.png

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @jianmingli1,

But it's like that master interface width is twice as wide as the slave interface by default.

It seems that this is one of the IP issues which never got fixed ...

Basically you could just drop the Boardcaster IP and split up the stream manually for read and imaginary parts, but from your picture I see another problem. Your stream is only 16bit wide and you want to supply two 16bit ports (real and imag) with data, so your options there are ...

• Alternate between real and imaginary values (requires some HDL)
  • Increase the width of your source to 32bit and split it up into two 16bit parts

Note that in any case you need to handle the TREADY and TVALID properly, which is not that complicated.

Best,

Herbert