Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

change ZynqMP initial baud rate

Jump to solution

How can I change the initial baud rate for FSBL, etc.?  In Zynq there was apparently a place to do this in Vivado, see this thread:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Processor-System-Design-and-AXI/How-to-change-PS7-UART-speed-configured-by-bootrom-BSP/td-p/679622

But what about for ZynqMP?  I don't see any such parameter in Vivado 2019.1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: change ZynqMP initial baud rate

Jump to solution

Hello @jhallen 

Is it the item in the figure below?

Capture.PNG

Thank you
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @jhallen 

Is it the item in the figure below?

Capture.PNG

Thank you
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Doh!  I'm an idiot, I looked right over Advanced Mode, and it says it right in the ZynqMP product guide.  Though I'm not sure why something as fundamental as the baud rate is in Advance Mode to begin with...

One annoyance is that for standalone, this baud rate is overridden with XUARTPS_DFT_BAUDRATE (set to 115200), when you open the UART with XUartPs_CfgInitialize, so you have to immediately set the baud rate back to your desired value with XUartPs_SetBaudRate, or modify the BSP.

I think XUartPs_CfgInitialize should set it to the PSU_UART0_BAUD_RATE hardware parameter instead.  Is there any way to access these parameters from the software?  This would allow you to have just one place where the baud rate is specified.

BTW, we change the baud rate because in our application the console UART is the only external connection.  We use the old ZMODEM protocol for firmware update and 115200 baud is just too slow.  921600 is much better, and works with all modern USB to serial adapters.

Thanks!

Joe

0 Kudos