cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

cy7c67300 problem on downloading the given example

Hi, I am using the CY7C67300 usb controller on the ml402 board.

I was attempting to use the CY3663 development tools to make my CY7C67300 be a simple peripheral, running in standalone mode. Simple example 3 (se3) from the "USB Multi-Role Device Design By Example" uses GDB to program and debug the controller, and is supposed to make SIE1 enumerate as an HID when connected to a PC. Once i downloaded this program to the EEPROM and reset the board, the USB controller is no longer recognized. It comes up as "uknown device" with VID=0x0000, PID=0x0000.

I'm very worried and would be grateful for any kind of advice, be it a direct answer, or just pointing me to a resource that can help me solve the problem. Some things that could be wrong, i guess, are configuration settings of some kind (like in fwxconfig.h or usb.c or fwxmain.c or something?) or some issue with this CY7C67300 chip in a different development board than the ones included with the CY3663 development kit. I have spent the last 2 days futzing around in all those files, but couldn't get anything different to happen. I've looked through all the knowledge base articles relating to the CY3663, as well as read all the documentation to the best of my abilities.

Thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time to try and help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

VID and PID of 0000 means the processor hasn't started the USB core. reasons for this are 

not powered correctly

stuck in RESET

no clock

corrupt EEPROM

Program crashed before starting the USB core

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

but all this happened when i tried the simple program three (se3) provided by cypress. what can i do to correct eeprom or move the chip from reset

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How did you program the EEPROM and with what file ?

0 Kudos