Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
preet729
Visitor
Visitor

error while exporting generated IP (memory controller) from ISE to XPS

Hi

I want to modify the memory conytroller(axi_s6_ddrx) generated from MIG in ISE after exporting to the design I have made in XPS.But I am stuck on the error below. I have tried but nothing fits as a solution.My design contains inout ports.Note I am importing the complete memory controller fron ISE alongwith the ngc files.Any information would be of great help.

I am getting the follwing errors

ERROR:NgdBuild:455 - logical net
'microblaze_0_i_bram_ctrl_2_microblaze_0_bram_block_BRAM_Dout<0>' has
multiple driver(s):
ERROR:NgdBuild:924 - input pad net
'microblaze_0_i_bram_ctrl_2_microblaze_0_bram_block_BRAM_Dout<0>' is driving
non-buffer primitives:

0 Kudos
4 Replies
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi

this is a problem with integration of your edk subsystem with ise. you should follow the procedure given in http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/edk_ctt.pdf

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
preet729
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

I have followed the exact steps. It is still not going.Can someone please explain the error?. i am stuck here from last month and hav tried almost everything.

Regards 

Preet

0 Kudos
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

how are you integrating the memory controller? rather than configuring the memory controller in ISE, can you use Base System Builder wizard to add the memory controller?

--hs

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
preet729
Visitor
Visitor

hi

first of all I do not want to add mcb in BSB as I want to add it as my customized IP

I have followed the following steps:

1)Generated MCB from ISE 

2)Creted IP in xps

3)Imported the IP and added the .v(of ddr2 generated in ISE) and modified .mpd and .pao.

Regards Preet

0 Kudos