cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

how to use SPI externally in zc702

Hi how i can connect spi interface in zync702 externally?? can anyone help me out

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

@abhishek7 Try using the PMOD headers or design an FMC card based on what other stuff you plan to do

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It depends what exactly you want to connect - chip that is already on the board or some external (ie. via FMC or PMOD connector)?

Best regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

hi @gnarahar thanks for the info i have a user ip or custom ip which as gpio port so i need to connect this gpio to spi controller,so how this can be done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@abhishek7 From what I understand, you have a custom SPI controller IP you want to test and need to connect it to GPIO ports (either PMOD or FMC) which will have the SPI flash. Is that correct?

First of all, you need to clarify how you intend to connect the SPI flash? Then based on that, you map the SPI controller pins to the GPIO pins of the FPGA through the XDC file. If PMOD, connect to respective PMOD pins. If FMC, connect to respective FMC pins based on how your flash is connect to these connectors. 

- Giri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no such thing as a stupid question. Feel free to ask but do a quick search to make sure it ain't already answered.
Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos