cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

i2c-0 not coming out on specified MIO pins

For a variety of reasons, getting to the bottom of this one has been a massive problem for me.  Perhaps I can save others some trouble and maybe someone can tell me how to fix it.

This is with Vivado/Petalinux 2014.2.

I've specified i2c-0 to come out on MIO14 and MIO15 to match up with my board.  I've double checked Vivado, and it is showing the ports as I need them.  I've also included a snip of the ps7_init.html file from the petalinux hw-description directory which shows the desired pinouts.

For reasons unknown, i2c-0 is coming out on MIO10 and MIO11.  I've used jumpers to connect my i2c device to MIO10 and MIO11 and it actually works!

Short of trying to hand edit the register programming files does anybody have any clues how to convince Vivado/Petalinux to do the right thing?

i2c-0_mio14_mio15.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Looking at the table 2-5-4 of UG585 it looks MIO[10] and MIO[11] are valid connections for I2C[0]

Having said that even MIO[14] and MIO[15] are also valid. Would that be possible to share the project?

Looking at the pinout it looks that MIO[10] and MIO[11] are using GPIO's

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos