cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrr
Participant
Participant

issue about the arready signal of axi smart connect

I connect the axi lite master costum ip I designed with axi smart connect and the axi smart connect connect with MIG.
In my testbench, I continuously transmit 44 addresses through the axi read address channel. However, I found that the axi arready signal became low halfway, which caused 6 addresses to fail to transmit successfully.

I want to know why the arready signal of axi smart connect becomes low? And how long does it take?

The AR_1 below is the axi read address channel between axi lite master costum ip and axi smart connect.

question11.PNG

1 Reply
abouassi

Hi @arrr,

Please check the "A3.2.1 Handshake process" section of the ARM document "IHI0022E_amba_axi_and_ace_protocol_spec".
Transfer occurs only when both the VALID and READY signals are high. The source must keep its information stable until the transfer is done.
This means that your custom IP should stop sending new addresses when ARREADY is low.

I would recommend to make sure that your IP is not violating the AXI4 spec first before investigating why the ARREADY becomes low in your case.
To do so, I recommend to use AXI_Protocol_Checker IP with your custom IP.

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos