Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

question related to axi interconnect

HI All
My IP is connected to ARM in zynq. Since it is one to one communication.i think it is not necessary to add axi-interrconnect
why is axi interrconnect  included when running connection automation?  
is it possible to remove axi interrconnect? Or, what is the advantages of including axi interconnect?
Thanks!!

zynq.JPG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: question related to axi interconnect

@tommhk2002 AXI interconnect is not an actual component. It is just a placeholder where the Vivado automated scripts can insert whatever necessary to make the ends compatible - clock adapters, width adapters, protocol adapters, etc. It will save you tons of manual work. In the simplest case, where it connects one-to-one and no adaptation is required, the AXI interconnect will degenerate to just a shell. You can actually click on the "+" sign and see what's inside. (Hint: do it only AFTER validation - it is during validation that most checks are performed).

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

thanks for reply.
one more question.  Master_A run at 500 MHz, and slave_A run only at 100MHz.
Master_A wants to send data to slave_A, since two clk freq are not same.
So, placing an axi-interconnect between Master_A and slave_A is the right solution?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@tommhk2002 Yes. Just let the AXI interconnect handle that for you.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos