cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

the speed of XC7Z030 LVCMOS I/O

Jump to solution

Can the speed of XC7Z030's LVCMOS I/O reach 250Mbps? Which data sheet and parameter can I reference?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Re: the speed of XC7Z030 LVCMOS I/O

Jump to solution

LVCMOS speed can depend on the Vcco voltage among other things, but I would think that 250 Mbps (125 MHz) should be reasonable for any 7-series part.  You could build a quick and dirty project that just toggles a flip-flop and sends it to an output and look at the datasheet report in the static timing analysis.  That would tell you how easy/hard it would be to interface this to another chip.  Clock to out delays are likely to be significant, but using source synchronous outputs (Zynq drives the clock as well as data) you could get reasonable system timing.  Receiving data at that rate might take a bit of caution, but again it seems reasonable based on experience with prior parts.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

s_b,

What are you connecting it to?  How is it connected (distance, pcb mzterials, impedances, etc.)?

This is a classic signal integrity question, and it may only be answered if you perform the required signal integrity engineering.

The IO is plenty fast, but will your designed link meet the need?

http://www.xilinx.com/products/technology/signal-integrity/

Typically, one performs a 'what if?' signal integrity analysis using our IBIS models, and your specified pcb parameters (lengths, impedances) along with what you are connecting the lines to (the other device's IBIS models).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
There is no straight forward answer to your question. You need to perform IBIS simulation to find out the maximum supported line rate for LVCMOS I/o Standard on your board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am just considering the general design. What's the highest speed the LVCMOS I/O can reach if other things,such us PCB layout,are perfect?

Than you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

LVCMOS speed can depend on the Vcco voltage among other things, but I would think that 250 Mbps (125 MHz) should be reasonable for any 7-series part.  You could build a quick and dirty project that just toggles a flip-flop and sends it to an output and look at the datasheet report in the static timing analysis.  That would tell you how easy/hard it would be to interface this to another chip.  Clock to out delays are likely to be significant, but using source synchronous outputs (Zynq drives the clock as well as data) you could get reasonable system timing.  Receiving data at that rate might take a bit of caution, but again it seems reasonable based on experience with prior parts.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you all you guys. These are gonna help me a lot.

0 Kudos