cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

using MicroBlaze for adding Ethernet Interface?

My main projects are implemented in ISE with verilog. I want to add Ethernet capability to my design. It means that i want to send generated data in ISE, throught Ethernet.

For this purpose, i select one embedded processor (like MicroBlaze), and with EDK, i make a design that have Ethernet just in prcocessor level.
In ISE project i add processor design as one module. Since now everything is OK.

Here I have three questions:
1.    In ISE level, How can I send data, to the processor Module?
2.    In Processor Level, How can I receive data, from ISE Level?
3.    What is the maximum of Ethernet speed that I can achieve?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

moharram2009 wrote:
My main projects are implemented in ISE with verilog
. I want to add Ethernet capability to my design. It means that i want to send generated data in ISE, throught Ethernet.

For this purpose, i select one embedded processor (like MicroBlaze), and with EDK, i make a design that have Ethernet just in prcocessor level.
In ISE project i add processor design as one module. Since now everything is OK.

Here I have three questions:
1.    In ISE level, How can I send data, to the processor Module?
2.    In Processor Level, How can I receive data, from ISE Level?

You need an IP core that allows communication between the MB and the general FPGA fabric. You need to expose the PLB to rest of the FPGA. Depending on your needs, you can use one of the PLB slave interfaces.
----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

bassman59 wrote:

You need an IP core that allows communication between the MB and the general FPGA fabric. You need to expose the PLB to rest of the FPGA. Depending on your needs, you can use one of the PLB slave interfaces.

thanks for your notice, but, can you explain more & in detail or is there any sample?

Message Edited by moharram2009 on 07-28-2009 08:55 AM
0 Kudos