Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sf
Visitor
Visitor

vcu118 board read/write sd card

Hi,

I was planning to do a fpga design for reading/writing data from sd card on a vcu118 then I found this paragraph in manual.

>

The VCU118 board includes a secure digital input/output (SDIO) interface allowing the
U111 XC7Z010 Zynq-7000 SoC system controller access to general purpose nonvolatile
micro-SD memory cards and peripherals. The micro-SD card slot is designed to support
50 MHz high speed micro-SD cards. The SD card is not accessible by the U1 XCVU9P FPGA
and is not an FPGA configuration option.

>

Does it basically mean I can not do what I want?

The manual does not mention anything about the sd card pin number but I find some information in schematic, like SDIO_CMD is pin B10 and SDIO_CLK is B7.

But the schematic document appears to say the sd command is single direction which I know is not true, as it should be bidirectional.

Do you guys know how vcu118 supports sd card? Can I achieve my plan with vcu118? If no, any other good options of external storage device works with vcu118, to replace sd card?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
anatoli

Hello @sf ,

What exactly do you need to do? Are you looking to program the board from SD, or just pull files off a card?

As you've already noticed from the below comment, on VCU118 board SD-Card programming is not supported.

image.png

For previous ultrascale device evaluation boards it was supported through SCUI utility.

Let's see if other users/experts can provide you with an alternative solution (if any) for you to achieve what is required in your case. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
sf
Visitor
Visitor

Hi anatoli,

just pull files off a card. Basically my fpga design has to read/write sd card.

0 Kudos