Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

xilkernel: documentation of xmk_add_static_thread() wrong

Hi,

since lost quiet some finding this, I want to share a wrong statement in the OS Lib documentation (as of version UG643 May 7, 2012 for xilkernel 5.01.a):

It's about the function xmk_add_static_thread, the doc says:

This function provides the ability to add a thread to the list of startup or static
threads that run on kernel start, via C code. This function must be used prior to
xilkernel_main() being invoked.

However, after it didn't work for me, I inspected the code of xilkernel, and I am pretty sure that the xilkernel_main() calls an initialization, that kicks out all threads that xmk_add_static_thread() was supposed to register. In my opinion, the documentation should say:

This function provides the ability to add a thread to the list of startup or static
threads that run on kernel start, via C code. This function must be used prior to
xilkernel_start() and after xilkernel_init() being invoked. Note that xilkernel_main()

cannot be used.

This is also what the POSIX threads demo does.

Regards,

martin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi.

I think you are absolutely right! I haven't checked what does xilkernel_init() do, but xmk_add_static_thread() works only if it is called after the xilkernel_init() and before xilkernel_start() is called, otherwise this function returns -1 and nothing works.

I'm also finding a lot of "misspellings" at Xilinx documentation.

Best regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos