cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

xps ll temac on sp605

im working with the spartan 6 FPGA sp605 evalutaion board..i wish to initially start off with a simple loopback test using the xps ll temac..however im not familiar with the design flow of doing this on EDK for this particular board..i have looked at the application note xapp 1041 and want to implement the same form of design on the sp605 board..can someone please  tell me all the steps to doing this, specifically with respect to the the sp605 board?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: xps ll temac on sp605

When you create  BSB design for the ML605, a test app peripheral application will be created for you. There is a loop back test in this application.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for directing me towards the test application..But now how do i remove the internal loopback to send packets into a network? and the kind of loopback i wished to achieve is to loopback packets coming in from the network by swapping their source and destination addresses? any suggestions on getting this done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, 

You should find a function in the test application's source code that sets the external PHY into loopback mode. As soon as you remove this function, the transmitted packets will be sent to the outside world.

On the other hand, for looping back packets from an external network, you may want to implement a ping responder design in your embedded system. This way, you can ping the board from your PC and get a response back. I have attached the source code here for a ping responder application.  Hope it will help you.

-Yan Shun Li

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ive managed to remove the loopback function,causing it to send the packet out.Im however not able to view these packets using Wireshark..are these not recognized by Wireshark? and the ping responder is very much what i want, but im a beginner and im having problems implementing it with my hardware design.one of the problems Ive noticed how the ping responder application uses the UART (16550 style) which im unable to use in the Base system builder design flow.could you therfore pls send me a hardware specification file for the ping responder as well?

Also I was trying to implement lwIP on the board.Ive managed to build the hardware and software platform to implement lwIP but im unable to find the lwIP echo server example in File -> New -> Xilinx C project -> Project templates in SDK 12.1..is this where i find the lwIP examples in SDK or elsewhere?

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The echo example has some problem, we will have it again in 12.2

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/34381.htm

It is not a problem with Lwip or SDK, it is just about the SDK echo server example code itself.

The xapp1026 example works fine.

0 Kudos