cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rmccarty
Adventurer
Adventurer

zynq 7000 software interrupt (SGI)

I'm confused about the potential use of software interrupts in a dual core 7020. the TRM indicates that irqs 0-15 can be used for interprocessor interrupts but xscugic.c says only use sw interrupts when the controller is started in simulation mode? what does this mean? 

i am currently using a gpio in the fpga connected to the 2nd pl->ps interrupt, so that cpu0 can interrupt cpu1 by simply raising and lowering the gpio, but it feels like a cludge.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rmccarty
Adventurer
Adventurer

Any comment from Xilinx?

the GIC driver software is a mess and the documentation is sketchy.

i know that being a hobbyist with a single dev board makes me easy to ignore, but your software is buggy and the bugs make it much harder to learn how to use these really amazing chips.

0 Kudos
ericv
Scholar
Scholar

@Rmccarty it's always preferable to look at ARM documentation instead of a second source interpreting it.  For the GIC it's that doc:

https://developer.arm.com/documentation/ihi0048/latest

FYI, the SW interrupts can only be raised by software and not by external events; that's about the only difference with the other interrupts numbers.  Other interrupts can also be raised by software by setting a bit in the appropriate register.

0 Kudos