cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

zynq arm vs freescale power pc comparison

Hi,

Is there any performance comparison results between zynq arm platform and Freescale Power PC processor platforms (such as P2020, MPC8641D,.. etc) ?

Best Regards,

Mustafa

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Zynq is arm (rich dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 based ) processor based SOC chip. So you can compare freescale power pc & ARM processor main features and can apply here for some extent.

Refer Zynq documents in the following link http://www.xilinx.com/products/silicon-devices/soc/zynq-7000.html for more details

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You are right, I have already made the comparison by using the given specifications for Zynq and Power PCs.

As a result, the Freescale processors can be able to process approximately 3000 MDIMPS per core, but the ARM in the Zynq can proceess 2000 MDIMPS per core. 

I am expecting that Zynq platfoms can compensate the above core processing degradation compare to Power PC by enabling the users more flexible and programmable bus interconnect and more bandwidth of data transfer architecture.

For this reason, I opened this discussion.

Has Xilinx performed a comparision of these two architectures for a well-defined algorithm ? 

Best Regards,

Mustafa

0 Kudos