Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hyperlink
Contributor
Contributor

zynq ethernet

Hi guys

I am trying to use the Microzed board with Zynq Soc to receive raw UDP packets (video stream) from a PC at relatively high speed ~20Mb/s, with standalone application without Linux.

I tried to use both Xilinx examples : xemacps_example_intr_dma.c which doesn't free the BDs and the program reset very quickly 

I adapted xemacps_ieee1588_example.c example to my application, which frees the used BDs, but when I insert small code the send the received packets to the PL logic the program freeze too beacuse of the letency.

any help would be appreciated

cheers 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
woodring
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I added a call to XEmacPs_BdClearRxNew (BdSeetPtr) to the end of XEmacPs_BdRingFree() and that cleared out the 32 bds used bit ok.   I am trying to dma Ethernet data directly to an AXI to Stream FIFO in the PLL and I get enough frames across the interface to fill my FIFO but I'm having difficulty coming up with a way to stop the Ethernet when that happens without data loss.  I'm doing 1Gb.

That ethernet example is pretty lame because it only sent 2 packets and received 1 do the bd ring code was never tested.

cw

Tags (1)
ljj

Hi ,can you tell me the way to doing 1Gb. Thank you very much.

@woodring wrote:

Hi,

I added a call to XEmacPs_BdClearRxNew (BdSeetPtr) to the end of XEmacPs_BdRingFree() and that cleared out the 32 bds used bit ok.   I am trying to dma Ethernet data directly to an AXI to Stream FIFO in the PLL and I get enough frames across the interface to fill my FIFO but I'm having difficulty coming up with a way to stop the Ethernet when that happens without data loss.  I'm doing 1Gb.

That ethernet example is pretty lame because it only sent 2 packets and received 1 do the bd ring code was never tested.

cw

0 Kudos