cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

zynq xc7z010

Hi, everyone!

I made a project for ZYBO with zynq xc7z010clg400 and it worked well until I decided to relocate uart1 from bank 501 (powered 1V8)  to bank 500 (powered 3V3) in PS. Plain changing configuration from mio 48, 49 to mio 12,13 in vivado 2018.3,making new bit file and exporting hardware to SDK didnt help. UART works on 501 bank and fails to operate in bank 500, however QSPI connected to this bank 500 works fine.

Would you be kind to suggest -  what should I also check in order to make uart1 work. Maybe some changes in SDK are also needed. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

回复: zynq xc7z010

Hi @sanya-t ,

Uart1 has connected to PS MIO Bank in hardware level.

User can't relocate pin assignment.

Please refer to Zybo schematic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
PS Uart.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @sanya-t ,

By the way, you can turn on uart0 and assign tx/rx to Bank500(3V3).

There are JF1-4 and JF7-10 in all 8 pins connected to MIO PMOD.

You can buy one uart-usb module and use uart0 to do your experiment.

如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
PS BANK500.jpg
MIO PMOD.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted

TThank you for a reply, but I know that uart RX TX are hardwired on pcb.

Well, thats what I want to do - to make it work on PMOD, but I want uart1 to be on mio12,13, not UART0. I map UART1 there in zynq graphic modue configuration in Vivado, but nothing is transmitted. Also I even cannot drive a pin logic 1 or logic 0 on bank 500. However I can do uart1 and logic drive on bank 501. What can I check?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @sanya-t ,

Have you tried running example project which you can find in SDK mss file.

And how you drive the pins in bank 500? Did you use XGpioPs_WritePin function?

Maybe you can zip the project and post here.

如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos