UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer monica_4780
Observer

APU to PL Inter Process Interrupt

Hello,

I have synthesized a softcore processor (Cortex-M3) in the Programmable logic. I want to carry out inter process communication between APU (cortex-A53) and PL softcore (cortex-M3) using PL IPI channel. Under "Advanced Configuration" for Zynq Ultrascale in vivadao, I have connected the channel 7 IPI to S_AXI_HP0_FPD. However, the processor is not able to receive any interrupts.

Is the any example available for the implementation of IPI in PL?

Any lead would be helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: APU to PL Inter Process Interrupt

Hi @monica_4780 

Currently we do not have variation for the feature you requested.

Please use below example for sefltest where same IPI channel can trigger and receive the interrupt.

https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/blob/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/ipipsu/examples/xipipsu_self_test_example.c

You need to trigger the interrupt from IPI PL channel x

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer monica_4780
Observer

Re: APU to PL Inter Process Interrupt

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for your reply. An implementation at least with MicroBlaze softcore processor would be quite helpful. That is an example for Interprocess Interrupt between MicroBlaze and Cortex-A53 using PL IPI.

0 Kudos