UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

AXI Chip2Chip with Address-Translation

I would like to connect two Zynq-modules via AXI Chip2Chip.

Module #1should be able to access a predefined window in the DDR of Module #2:

idea:

Cpu of Module #1 -> MGPx -> Chip2Chip-Master ===> Chip2Chip-Slave -> SGPx or HPx -> DDR of Module #2

In this case I eed a translation of the address range in MGPx to DDR.

How can I realize this ?

Any other suggestions ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI Chip2Chip with Address-Translation

There is a good reference design on this. Please find the link below.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1160-c2c-real-time-video.pdf

This also explains the address mapping.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Nope. I have seen it before. This design doesnt help.

There works a vdma as Master. There are no limitation in address mapping. No translation needed.

In my application a zynq is the master.

This zynq can access the chip2chip-master through MGPx only (address 0x4000.0000 to 0x7fff.ffff or 8000.0000 to Bfff.ffff).

The DDR of the Zynq in the slave through HP0 is in range 0x2000.0000 to 0x3fff.ffff.

So I need a translation.

0 Kudos
Visitor gennakr
Visitor

I am facing a similar issue. Have you resolved it?

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

I know it's late but AXI MMU on the slave side?

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Visitor gennakr
Visitor

To my best knowledge AXI MMU does not really do address translation. Could you please clarify what you mean?

0 Kudos
Visitor rickge
Visitor

Is there any update to this scenario. I am attempting to connect two zynq ultrascale+ devices with chip2chip and have the same questions as this original post. Also, after looking at the AXI_MMU, it would appear to be more of a filter function, not any type of translation. Is there now any method for a zynq ultrascale(+) chip2chip master to address the PS features on a zynq ultrascale(+) chip2chip slave?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hello, 

• I am facing the same problem. Please see my web - case : 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/AXI-Chip2Chip-between-two-Zynq-chips/m-p/834822#M44619

*I try to send data from one Zynq chip to another Zynq's PS DDR3. But there is problem about the addressing and I have received VDMADecErrerror from VDMA in Master side. I gave address [2000_0000 to 3FFF_FFFF] to VDMA for AXI Chip2Chip IP, due to the Slave side Zynq PS DDR3. Because addresses of Master and Slave side of an Axi Chip2Chip bus are the exactly the same. But infact at the same time this address falls into the Master side Zynq PS DDR3. Error is this ?  

*In this case, how can I send data to Slave side Zynq PS DDR3, by using VMDA in Master side through Axi Chip2Chip ? 

Tags (3)
AxiC2C_System.JPG
0 Kudos