UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dulatsi
Observer

AXI DMA: Cyclic DMA Mode

Hi community,

we are using the AXI Direct Memory Access (AXI DMA) IP in multichannel mode (and thus scatter-gather mode, too).

We are running Vivado 2013.3 targeting a Zynq on a ZC702.

Apparently AXI DMA now supports a “Cyclic DMA Mode”. Anybody out there ever successfully used it?

As we are programming bare-metal we are using the “xaxidma.h” driver. Looking at its API (and at “xaxidma_bdring.h”) I can’t find any support for enabling cyclic DMA.

So the question would be: how to enable cyclic DMA by means of xaxidma.h?

How would I set up the last BD?

Thanks a lot for your help / advice / tip!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor nocomer
Visitor

Re: AXI DMA: Cyclic DMA Mode

Hi All,

I also have a question about AXI DMA and cyclic DMA mode. Is cyclic DMA supported in Linux driver for AXI DMA?

I looked at drivers/dma/xilinx/xilinx_axidma.c and found device_prep_slave_sg only. Did I miss something?

0 Kudos
Observer qswsjs
Observer

I have the  question too,have you solved the problem ?can you share it,thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi all,

The AXI DMA version supplied with v2013.3 of the tools did not support Cyclic DMA mode as described in the PG021. This was an error in the documentation as support was only due to be added at this stage in an upcoming version of the core.

I believe support was added in AXI DMA v8.0 which can been seen from v2014.1 of the Vivado tools.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards,
Gareth
0 Kudos
Observer qswsjs
Observer

Hi garethc,

Does the AXI DMA version 7.1 supplied with v2014.2 of vivado support Cyclic DMA mode ? I have config the AXI DMA V7.1 in scatter gather cyclic mode , but when I have transfered the last descriptor buffer,the tready of DMA pull down ,it doesnt transfer to the first descriptor again ! Do you know the problem ? please give me some advice ,thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer qswsjs
Observer

Hi,nocomer

Do you have got the  cyclic DMA supported in Linux driver for AXI DMA  ? Thanks!

0 Kudos