UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

AXI DMA to On-Chip Memory

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a working design that transfer data from PL to DDR Memroy via AXI DMA but does not work with OCM.  Is there anybody knows DMA to OCM doable?

Thanks
Henry

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI DMA to On-Chip Memory

Jump to solution
More fundamentally what is happening is that a Decode Error response is received over the AXI interface. Yes, this means an address decode error at an interconnect somewhere. Some possible causes might be that the OCM address range is not mapped to that DMA interface port in the address tab, or that there is a trustzone violation (if the DMA is doing a non-secure access, but OCM is a secure slave by default).
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Yes, OCM should look just like the PS DDR. Perhaps you have a cache coherency issue?
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your reply.  I tested the AXI DMA to OCM on some other platform and confirm that it is doable.  For the problem on our own platform, in the stream to memory map status register S2MM_DMASR, the DMA Decode Error bit, DMADecErr, was asserted.  According to the user guide, the Descriptor Buffer Address points to an invalid address.

Henry

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
More fundamentally what is happening is that a Decode Error response is received over the AXI interface. Yes, this means an address decode error at an interconnect somewhere. Some possible causes might be that the OCM address range is not mapped to that DMA interface port in the address tab, or that there is a trustzone violation (if the DMA is doing a non-secure access, but OCM is a secure slave by default).
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

You are right Dylan.  I blew away the interconnect and reconnect the AXI DMA.  Now I found the dma mapped to the OCM correctly.  Then, I run the firmware and it does not stuck by any error.

Thanks very much.

Henry

0 Kudos