UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

AXI Master transaction

Jump to solution
Hello Everybody here! I Please answer me for the question. Is it  possible to create transaction between AXI Master interface to User IP through the AXI Interconnection?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: AXI Master transaction

Jump to solution

@marzhan_123 @a_chami

Perhaps he is talking about calling custom code from an AXI design. 

Yes, you can package your IP inside an AXI component. It is pretty easy to do. See XAPP1168

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1168-axi-ip-integrator.pdf

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Maybe if you give more details about your configuration we can help regarding your question, or problem, if you have one.

Avi Chami MSc
FPGA Site
0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Jump to solution

@marzhan_123 @a_chami

Perhaps he is talking about calling custom code from an AXI design. 

Yes, you can package your IP inside an AXI component. It is pretty easy to do. See XAPP1168

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1168-axi-ip-integrator.pdf

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@marzhan_123  your question is not clear to me. The pieces in an axi transaction are the master, interconnect and (one or more) slave(s). If you implement your user IP as an axi slave, you can connect it to a master port directly or through an interconnect and have the master generate transactions for the slave. How this is accomplished depends on your master design. Sometimes the master is connected to a processor so you execute code on the processor to access your slave. Sometimes the master is a dma controller so you program the dma controller to generate the axi transaction. Sometimes you have a custom axi master where you add the RTL logic to your master to generate the transactions.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos