UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

AXI stream switch IP: multiple slaves and 1 master

Hi,

I want to use the axi stream switch IP core to switch between 2 video sources, and I use 2 test pattern generators and 1 frame buffer write to test it. I enabled "Use control register routing" to select the slave through SW.

axis_switch_test.pngHowever, I found this IP only behaves normally when there is only one axi stream valid. The observed results are as follows:

• when I only start tpg_0 and map SI[0] to MI[0], I can get frame interrupts. 
  • when I only start tpg_1 and map SI[1] to MI[0], I can get frame interrupts.
  • when I start both tpg_0 and tpg_1 and map SI[0] to MI[0], no frame received.
  • when I start both tpg_0 and tpg_1 and map SI[1] to MI[0], frames interrupts received

This is not disired result as I want to be able to switch between video streams without disabling either of them. 

Any idea on this? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI stream switch IP: multiple slaves and 1 master

Hi @xinyiz ,

To start to understand what is going on, I'd really need to see traces of the streaming ports into/out of the switch. Can you add an ILA to S00_AXIS, S01_AXIS and M00_AXIS?

I'd like to see captures of the four scenarios you describe. 

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos