Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Accessing SD card from XCKU040 in the KCU105 Board

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to implement basic read and write to the SD card(Without any file system) through the FPGA. I have chosen SPI mode which I found simpler. I am using the SD card slot present in the KCU105 board.The SD card that I am using is Samsung EVO plus(SDHC).  I have tried two approaches for this.

1) Implemented Microblaze with AXI-Quad SPI and wrote C program.

2) Directly implemented FSM in RTL.

In both of the cases I have waited more than 74 cycles keeping DI and CS high, Made CS low and Sent the CMD0 (40 00 00 00 00 95). I am expecting the DO line to go low but it stays high. I haven't tried past initialisation since I haven't got any response. I have verified that SD card slot and SD card are functional by configuring the FPGA from SD card through UART menu that the board presents.

Am I doing something wrong or is the SD card accessible to only on-board zync system controller? I have seen in the schematics that there are Muxes between SD card to Zync and xcku040.  Please note that this question is NOT ABOUT CONFIGURING FPGA FROM SD CARD,for which I found plenty of resources. I just want to access it to store data. It would be really helpful if there are any examples.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Accessing SD card from XCKU040 in the KCU105 Board

Jump to solution

@pramodjb2808 Use xilffs. Pins are exposed as MIO.

You have a perfect example if you create a FSBL for a standalone hello world project for example. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@pramodjb2808 Use xilffs. Pins are exposed as MIO.

You have a perfect example if you create a FSBL for a standalone hello world project for example. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hello Henrique. Aren't MIO and EMIOs relevant only to Zync? Because I thought you are free to use any IO on Ultrascale FPGA since they aren't multiplexed with peripherals. (Ignoring that sd slot is connected physically to specific pins on board).

I will try xilff lib.
Thanks for your time!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@pramodjb2808 Yes, you are correct. My mistake.

0 Kudos