UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer liuzq71
Observer

Are there anyone translated xapp1093 from XPS14.5 platform to vivado?

Are there anyone translated xapp1093 from XPS 14.5 platform to vivado?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Are there anyone translated xapp1093 from XPS14.5 platform to vivado?

Hi @liuzq71,

Not exactly but you may want to check the link in forum post which shows AMP solution for baremetal Zynq-A9's.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Zynq-7000-Bare-Metal-System-Running-on-Both-Cortex-A9-Processors/m-p/782691

Regards

Praveen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

xapp1093 was written in the days when FSBL could not download multiple images. Things are a lot easier now.

There are a few things to watch for.

1. Microblaze should be forced to sleep so that it doesn't try to access DDR while held in reset.
  2. The Microblaze reset vector should be changed to point to DDR,
  3. The microblaze linkerscript should automatically be created correctly by SDK if there is no LMB BRAM included

I think all of these points are now covered here: http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Execute+Microblaze+Application+from+PS+DDR

0 Kudos
Observer liuzq71
Observer

无标题.png

thanks for kindly reply,

1,i wonder that if  there is a LMB BRAM showed as the picture whether or not  the Microblaze can run the codes locate in DDR?

2,how to change the Microblaze reset vector to DDR in my ps7_cortexa9_0 codes?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, the design could still execute code out of DDR but if you want to change the default microblaze reset vector from address 0x00000000, double click on the microblaze, select advanced, and then change 'Vector Base Address' on the 'interrupt & reset' tab to point to DDR address space.

Also check the vivado 'address editor' tab to verify the address space assigned to LMB and DDR.

0 Kudos
Observer liuzq71
Observer

dear sir,

but i could not wake up  Microblaze to launch  its code,and no ideas to solve it after many times of test,my key files are in attachment,would you please help me?thanks

0 Kudos