UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar mrbietola
Scholar

Axi to Vid locked problem

hi, i have this configuration

VDMA read -> OSD -> timing generator -> axi to vid

The VDMA transfers are started by a frame synch generated by the timing generator in the VBlank.

I want to control several DMAs, so i would use external frame synch.

This cause some problem of locking the video with the timing generator timings.

If i disable all OSD Layers, the video will lock, but if i enable 1 layer from DMA, the lock will goes down, the DMA and OSD are correctly setted, i think is a temporization problem. I don't know how can do it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Axi to Vid locked problem

Are you following the recommendation from page 20-21 here:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_axi4s_vid_out/v3_0/pg044_v_axis_vid_out.pdf
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Scholar mrbietola
Scholar

Re: Axi to Vid locked problem

no, thanks for point me to this document (i have version 2.01a that doesn't contain that).

The problem in free run is that i need to reprogram my VDMA 2 times in a frame, how do i do that? with frame completition interrupt and frame counter?

The other problem i see is that when a read VDMA ends a frame, in free run it would start a new frame reading from a new buffer (or it repeat the same buffer if the new buffer is occupied by write) and it waits here for long. I don't want that latency between input and output increase because of that.

I think this free run mechanism would increase frame skip/repetition, since the read timing depends on how much data i will read

for example if original video is 1280x720      and i will output a   640x512 video in a 1280x720 frame, the VDMA timing output depends on the 640x512 image

0 Kudos