UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Block design-----Create Inteface Port mode selection

Jump to solution

Hi Expert,

I'm doing a project which need to make AXI connection out of the block design,so I used Create Interface Port option to create it.

The following picture's M00_AXI is the bus which need to make connection out of the block design:

Image 2.png

The following is the question: MASTER or SLAVE should to select of the mode????

Image 1.png

Best Regard!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Block design-----Create Inteface Port mode selection

Jump to solution

Yes, you're right.Actually I want to control one module which interface is AXI Lite using JTAG outside of the block design. So firstly I add an instance of this module in the block design and it work normally. But when I add this slave module out side of the block design, the IDL will not work. Finally I found that the AXI slave module's interface is AXI Lite, but the AXI interconnect's interface is AXI4. when you connect the two module inside of the block design, the system will add an AXI protocol convertor between the two module automatically, But if you connect M00_AXI outside of the block design, the system will not add an AXI protocol convertor automatically. So when I add an AXI protocol convertor manually it will work noramally.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

You don't show all the design so I am guessing a bit.

I guess there is a processor as a master of the AXI interconnect on the left side. The interconnect connects to two slaves, one of those is outside the FPGA. Since the device connected outside the FPGA is a slave, the port itself is a MASTER.

Avi Chami MSc
FPGA Site
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @alex_sun,

When you create an external port, just use Create Interface Port and it should be already configured properly (at least for an output).

For information: if this is an output this is a Master, if it is an input, it is a slave. So in your case, it should be a Master (as this is an output of the BD)

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes, you're right.Actually I want to control one module which interface is AXI Lite using JTAG outside of the block design. So firstly I add an instance of this module in the block design and it work normally. But when I add this slave module out side of the block design, the IDL will not work. Finally I found that the AXI slave module's interface is AXI Lite, but the AXI interconnect's interface is AXI4. when you connect the two module inside of the block design, the system will add an AXI protocol convertor between the two module automatically, But if you connect M00_AXI outside of the block design, the system will not add an AXI protocol convertor automatically. So when I add an AXI protocol convertor manually it will work noramally.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

OK,Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @alex_sun,

Thank you for giving more detail about your resolution. It could help other users.

If everything is clear for you on this subject, please mark the issue as solved.

Thanks,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos