UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can't initialize AXI DMA

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm new to Vivado and this is my first project trying to access the Axi DMA. It's important for my university research, so every help is very welcome.

I'm making a project that I've found in a tutorial that do a convolution operation in a image. I'm trying to use the debug function of the VIvado SDK and set a breakpoint at the very end of my program. The problem is that it gets stuck and never reaches this breakpoint. So, to figure out where it's stucking, i've set som other break points and found out that it's stucking in the XAxiDma_CfgInitialize(&axiDma, CfgPtr) operation of my int initDMA(), never returning. 

I'm using Vivado 2017.2 and ZedBoard. If anyone have some suggestion, i'll be very happy. I'm attaching my SDK files.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Can't initialize AXI DMA

Jump to solution

I think I solved the problem. Not sure how, but when I runned Program FPGA again it initialized de AXI DMA.

I'll mark this as a solution, but now my project is stucking at XDoimgproc_Write_kernel_Bytes().

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

Could you share your hw design as well, for the problem could be in the hardware?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes, of course. I've edited the main post with the Vivado Project File.

Is it enough? I've tryied to upload all the files but it exceeds the size limit.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I'm sorry for directly replying in this topic, but I'd like to know if anyone found some answear to my problem?

I've passed my day trying to figure it out, but without success :/

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I think I solved the problem. Not sure how, but when I runned Program FPGA again it initialized de AXI DMA.

I'll mark this as a solution, but now my project is stucking at XDoimgproc_Write_kernel_Bytes().

0 Kudos