UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tweekzilla
Visitor

Connecting AXI_INTC to Microblaze - beginner question

Hi All 

I'm trying to connect a IIC interupt to the microblaze through the AXI_INTC IP.   I drag into the system assembly view the axi_intc IP and click on the intr section in the ports tab.  From there I choose the IIC2INTC_Irpt as the only Interrupt I want the controller to manage.  I then (I think) need to connect  the IRQ to the microblaze_0 INTERRUPT but I only have the option of no_connection of Make external.

Sorry If this is simple - I'm new at this and trying to wade through the docs.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor olekm
Visitor

Re: Connecting AXI_INTC to Microblaze - beginner question

Hi,

I have recently stumbled upon the same problem and found this (a bit outdated) topic, with no answer. So to not leave this question open - here is the answer:

I were used to connect the interrupt using the "Ports" tab in XPS. Is seems that in the AXI designs, you have to make the connection in the "Bus Interfaces" tab. Just connect the "INTERRUPT" line between AXI intc and microblaze and provide the interrupt controller with processor clock and reset signals.

0 Kudos
Participant bmarechal
Participant

If you still can't find the option, the last way is doing it "manually" through the MHS file. Let me know if you want a step-by-step guide for doing this.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hey 

I want know if the Axi inetrrupt controller is compatible with the processor processing system Arm 9 of zynq. I did project I added my own ip and I want test it in interruption when I generated the nelist with the XPS I have this warning INTC_WARNING:: IRQ is not connected to Processor. Then I tested the application with the XSDK unfortunately the function handler did'nt trig when the pin of interruption changed his status. I don't know where is the probleme. Do you can help me. THis is the code source in c language. 

#include "xparameters.h"
#include "xscugic.h"
#include "xil_exception.h"
#include "xintc.h"

void my_interrupt_handler(){
xil_printf(" Interrupt triggered! \n\r");
}

XIntc InterruptController; /* Instance of the Interrupt Controller */
XIntc my_ip;

int main(){
Xil_ExceptionInit();

XIntc_Initialize(&InterruptController, XPAR_INTC_0_DEVICE_ID);

XIntc_RegisterHandler(XPAR_INTC_SINGLE_BASEADDR,XPAR_AXI_INTC_0_DEVICE_ID,
(XInterruptHandler)my_interrupt_handler, (void*)

XIntc_MasterEnable(XPAR_INTC_SINGLE_BASEADDR); // base address of the interrupt controller
XIntc_EnableIntr(XPAR_INTC_SINGLE_BASEADDR,
XPAR_INTERRUPT_0_MY_INTERRUPT_MASK);
Xil_ExceptionEnable();
xil_printf("Waiting for Interrupts.... \n\r");
while(1){
}
return 0;
}

hope.png
0 Kudos