UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Connecting BD pin to GTX

Jump to solution

In my design I have a data pin running at 500 MHz that I would like to run to device pin W4-5, which is the TX data to the SFP on the zc706.

This is a GTX transceiver, and I am unable to map that port to that pin directly. From some searching on here I see that the reason is that you cannot map to GTX pins directly and are required to use some kind of special operation like the GTX wizard. However, from the IP catalog I am told you cannot use the transceiver wizard as a BD component.

Is there any simple way to link my data pin in my block diagram to the W4 pin on the ZC706? I know there are modules that can be placed in the BD that use the SFP port, so I imagine there is some method to do this, I just don't quite understand how it works.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Connecting BD pin to GTX

Jump to solution

By "500 MHz", I assume you mean the data is running at 500 Mbps. And you want to send that data OUT of pin W4. 500 Mbps is the lowest rate that a GTX transceiver can run at, so you've got that going for you. But what you're asking to do is pretty far away from "simple".

You would need to: 1) use the gtwizard to configure a GTX the way you want to use it; 2) create the (canned) example design for the GTX; 3) extract the parts of the example design the suit your need into yet another project; 4) package that project as an IP that you can import into IPI.

If all goes well, the IP you end up with will have a 32-bit AXI stream input, and an interface clock speed of 15.625 MHz.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

By "500 MHz", I assume you mean the data is running at 500 Mbps. And you want to send that data OUT of pin W4. 500 Mbps is the lowest rate that a GTX transceiver can run at, so you've got that going for you. But what you're asking to do is pretty far away from "simple".

You would need to: 1) use the gtwizard to configure a GTX the way you want to use it; 2) create the (canned) example design for the GTX; 3) extract the parts of the example design the suit your need into yet another project; 4) package that project as an IP that you can import into IPI.

If all goes well, the IP you end up with will have a 32-bit AXI stream input, and an interface clock speed of 15.625 MHz.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well I guess Ill just have to figure it out. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

This week marks the 1-year anniversary since you last accepted a reply to one of your posts as a solution.

Yea!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Point taken =)
0 Kudos