UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant kenneth_lee
Participant

Create IP peripheral using microblaze Help please

Dear all,

I have one question that, regarding the Creating the IP peropheral:

I have create 2 IP peropheral one for ADC controller and one for LCD controller, but i have one problem because i dunno how can i carry the Output signal from ADC controller (peripheral1) and input to the LCD controller (Peripheral2). May i know that is it utilize the software register from both peripheral can be achieve that??? Can any expert give me some suggestion regarding how can i carry the output from ADC to LCD controller with separate IP peripheral??? Thanks in advance. Your advice will be appreaciate by me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Create IP peripheral using microblaze Help please

Hello,

I am not an expert, but I think that you could use a simple microblaze that can access through a PLB interface both peripherals. So the processor just takes the values from the ADC and sends it to the LCD controller.

Bye.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

If it is a direct connection that you don't want to go over the bus, you can just add normal VHDL ports to the HDL, update each core MPD file, and the connect the signals manually in XPS.

0 Kudos
Participant kenneth_lee
Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply delbotero. Actually i already connect both peripheral to the PLB microblaze, but the problem that i face is how can i take the values from ADC controller(Peripheral1) to LCD Controller (Peripheral2)? That's the main things that i'm not clear about how to perform it, can you give me some guide/ suggestion? For example any command that can "read" the value from ADC and ""write" it to LCD!!! ^^ Thanks.

0 Kudos
Participant kenneth_lee
Participant

Hi, dylan thanks for your suggetion. Actually, the method that you recommends me i have done it, that is the direct connection without going through the bus by link the normal VHDL port in "user logic.VHD" file for the ADC input to the LCD directly. (in this case i have to combine both peripheral into 1 design) But, actually is it possible that i separate it into two peripheral and then write some commands that in SDK to access the ADC signal output to the LCD display the values ???? if yes, can you give me some suggestion how can i achieve that? (such as any commands that i can read or write the signal in SDK to interface with both peripheral)

0 Kudos