UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lucianocapasso
Observer

DMA Scatter Gather with a custom IP

Hello Everybody,

I have implemented a custom IP to be accessed to via DMA. It is an AXI4 peripheral and I have created it by selecting "AXI4: Burst capable, ..." (as shown into the Image 0 attached) and leaving all the other properties with the defaulf values.

If I connect the peripheral to the AXI Lite bus, the single transfer DMA works properly (I used the SDK "DMA simple polling" example). However, transferring a lot of data via single DMA transfers is too slow, so I have decided to connect the IP to the AXI bus, in order to transfer data via the Scatter Gather DMA (look at the attached image 1).

Unfortunately, EDK doesn't map my IP, as you can see in the Image 2 attached, and the Scatter Gather transfer doesn't work.

Where am I got wrong? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Luciano

Image 1.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image 0.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DMA Scatter Gather with a custom IP

I observed that you posted your query under General Technical Discussions board. Since this is an Embedded query I have now moved this to the Embedded Board.

Please note that you have to post your queries under the correct Board in Forums to get a quicker response. The experts in a particular board might look at posts only in the particular board and hence you might miss out on some replies and your replies might get delayed. You can find the different board topics from the link - Forum Home Page.

Thanks,

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

you need to add and Axi2Axi connector to your design and connect the master on the axi4 and the slave on the axi4_lite bus then add the addresses you use for the "automa_axi4" to the axi2axi window

Regards Markus

0 Kudos
Observer lucianocapasso
Observer

Thanks for answering me,

@ - Ok, next time I will be more careful in submitting a new post

@markus.offergeld - Do you mean the Base and High addresses? I have just done as you suggested (see image_1 and image_2), but it gave to me the following errors:

ERROR:EDK:4056 - INST:axi2axi_connector_0 BASEADDR-HIGHADDR:0x7da00000-0x7da0ffff and INST:Automa_AXI4 BASEADDR-HIGHADDR:0x7da00000-0x7da0ffff - address space overlap!
ERROR:EDK:4056 - INST:axi2axi_connector_0 BASEADDR-HIGHADDR:0x7da00000-0x7da0ffff and INST:Automa_AXI4 BASEADDR-HIGHADDR:0x7da00000-0x7da0ffff - address space overlap!

Should I try to implement the design even if it gave to me the errors above?

image_1.jpg
image_2.jpg
0 Kudos