cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Data transfer from PL to PS

Hi!

On PL side Radix-4 FFT(4K) funtion have implemented, this 4k output sample I have transfered to PS using Datamover. And Everthing is working fine because my input data is constat and keep on repeating the same input, so there is no change on output. Suppose if my input data is different from the previous input sample obviously output also get changed.

After receving all 4k samples on PS side I should read before next frame data comes. Any how there is delay of 250micro second to arrive next set of data. My question is that, To read systamatically how do i know when last sample of the frame recevied on PS side?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Data transfer from PL to PS

Hello narendrandesainath@gmail.com 

What do you mean by frame in this scenario?  If you are talking about the end of your FFT function, since I believe that is your own IP/function, that would be determined by you.  If you are talking about the end of a transfer of data, then you could use the AXI DMA IP.

In the AXI DMA IP there is an interrupt out signal that can be triggered after you have completed a transfer : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_dma/v7_1/pg021_axi_dma.pdf

See pages 10 and 15 for an idea on how the DMA is configured for asserting interrupts.  The DMA uses registers to initiate transfers as opposed to the Datamover's Command/Status interfaces, but these two IP can be used in similar scenarios depending on the exact configuration of your design.

Thanks,
Caleb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos