UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Sleep and Isolation Configurations

I don't understand isolation configurations, and am having some trouble configuring my board for deep sleep. I have three questions:

1. Does anyone know whether isolation configurations are actually necessary for deep sleep? The only article I saw about setting up deep sleep tells me to set up isolation configurations without explaining what role that plays. Everything I read about isolation configurations suggested that it has nothing to do with power subsystems.

2. Has anyone been able to set up isolation configurations for the APU / RPU / PMU subsystems on the Ultra96? I have trouble understanding what each step means, and have only found meaningful tutorials for the ZCU102 board. I can't follow the ZCU102 steps exactly for Ultra96, and many attempts at setting the isolation configurations with small variations from that tutorial resulted in my PetaLinux build failing (something about xparameters.h being truncated).

3. When I skip isolation configuration and try to follow the ZCU102 steps to configure deep sleep, the PMU successfully causes the APU to suspend, but the board is still consuming a fair amount of power at the ZU3EG FPGA chip and the power management IC. Is this related to not having isolation configurations, to some problem that causes FPD or LPD to remain powered on, or is this because I'm using an Ultra96 instead of a ZCU102 (both are UltraScale+ MPSoC's, so I thought they were similar enough)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Deep Sleep and Isolation Configurations

0 Kudos