UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor raj@1994
Visitor

Displaying stored image in BRAM through VGA using Zybo

Jump to solution

Hi,

I stored image in BRAM in the form of .coe file and i can able to access the data successfully. Now i need to display the same image through VGA using zybo board. How can i make PS PL communication by c code ?  I have used attached block for BRAM access. 

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Displaying stored image in BRAM through VGA using Zybo

Jump to solution

Hi raj@1994

From the block design you post, it seems great. The only thing you need to check is the vga_driver is satisfied the timing vga spec required.

It's more effective to simulate it or you can direnctly try it on the hardware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi raj@1994

According to the block design you post, the BRAM has connected to the PS by AXI bus, so the PS can directly access the BRAM in the PL by C code(Xil_Out32 and Xil_In32), the base address and length can be set in the "Address Editor"

For VGA display, where do you want to add the vga display function, PS or PL? I think it's better to add this function in the PL.(As I know, on the ZYBO the vga port are connected to PL). If so, it's better to design a channel which the VGA display module can directly read the image bram in the PL, without through PS. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor raj@1994
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As you suggested i have added vga ip in PL side without using PS. I have attached block diagram ,VGA IP code as well as coe file stored in BRAM. could you plz verify the below design ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi raj@1994

From the block design you post, it seems great. The only thing you need to check is the vga_driver is satisfied the timing vga spec required.

It's more effective to simulate it or you can direnctly try it on the hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mentor watari
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi raj@1994

You pay attention followings and must be followed VESA video timing.

- Clock frequency

- Polarity of HSYNC and VSYNC

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor raj@1994
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm able to display the image in VGA without using PS.

0 Kudos