UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gabel1989
Visitor

EXAR USB-UART bluescreen on driver install

Hei, when i try to install the drivers for my EXAR USB-UART device i just get a bluescreen. I have the Atlys™ Spartan-6 FPGA Development Board, EXAR part number “XR21V1410”. 

Im running windoes 7, and the bluescreen start right after i select the driver for install. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar joelby
Scholar

Re: EXAR USB-UART bluescreen on driver install

Try installing a newer (or older) version of the driver from Exar, and contact them for support directly if you continue to have trouble.

0 Kudos
Newbie patongy

Driver version 1.7.0.0 had an issue.  The latest driver is version 1.8.0.0 and it is now on the XR21V1410 product page.

http://www.exar.com/interface/uart-and-bridging-solutions/usb-uarts/XR21V1410/

This new driver should fix the BSOD that you are seeing.

For any further technical questions on the XR21V1410 USB UART driver, please contact uarttechsupport@exar.com.

0 Kudos

We also bought an Atlys board with this EXAR USB-UART module but ihave a problem with installing this driver. The folder which has been provided on EXAR's website includes some files like a dll but we don't find an explanation of how we need to install this driver. I tried to install it using command line but it failed. Can someone give some explanation of how we can do this? The operating system which we are using is Windows XP.

0 Kudos
Scholar joelby
Scholar

When you connect the USB cable, your computer should detect a new device and prompt you to add new hardware. Select the option similar to "Display a list of all drivers in a specific location" and point that at the folder of DLL and INF files provided by EXAR.

If you're no longer getting the prompt, go to Device Manager, find the unknown USB device, look at its properties, and there's a button in there to update the driver.

0 Kudos