UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer bsutin
Observer

Every 4th byte bad on 16-bit DDR2

Jump to solution

I am using mpmc for a 16-bit DDR2 single DRAM chip.  Every fourth byte reads back as 0x07, while the other three read and write as expected; ie, write 0x00000000, get 0x00000700, write 0xffffffff, get 0xffff07ff. The hardware runs fine under another core.   Any hints about where the problem could be?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer bsutin
Observer

Re: Every 4th byte bad on 16-bit DDR2

Jump to solution
Turns out that I was completely unaware of the MIG utility, which apparently generates the constraints needed for the timing. So I am assuming at this point that the timing is adequate for 3/4 of the bytes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer bsutin
Observer

Jump to solution
Turns out that I was completely unaware of the MIG utility, which apparently generates the constraints needed for the timing. So I am assuming at this point that the timing is adequate for 3/4 of the bytes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor sunitakhilar
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hi, I am new to FPGA with DDR interfacing. I am trying to send data to DDR2 thru Memory controller block Axi S6 DDRx MCB for Atlys board which is consisting of 1Gbit SDRAM(64M 16 Bits). Firstly I don't know whether the data is stored in DDR or not. How to check this as I don't know the address location of DDR where this data is stored. MCB configuration is set to ROW,BANK,Column where rows are 13bit and bank=3 (3bits) and column are 10bit. Please help... Many thanks in advance Sunita
Tags (1)
0 Kudos