UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Exporting a design to SDK in a mult-core system

Hi all,

I have a system with two microblaze cores. When I try to export the design to SDK it throws an error as below:

ERROR:EDK:3882 - System has multiple processors. To generate an application
ERROR:EDK:3903 - specify the processor name in the system
make: *** [exporttosdk] Error 255

How do I overcome this error and export the design? How do I specify the name of the processor in the design? I intend to run two different applications on each of these cores. I am using Xilinx 13.4.

Thank you,

Padmaja

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Exporting a design to SDK in a mult-core system

hi,

i have not personally come across this error. would that be possible to share your deisgn to comment on this?

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Sure! I am attaching a system.mhs file and also a screenshot of the sub system.

Thank you.

dual.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

your design seems to contain some custom peripherals. hence it would not be possible to create a design without them

can you remove the custom IP's of your design and try sending us a dual processor system?

attach the xmp also.

--hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I figured out from where the error was originating. XPS is using a custom make file to generate the bit files.

When I tried to export the system to SDK on command line the following error comes up.

appguru -hw ../sw/embedded/SDK_Workspace/hw/system.xml -app empty_application -lp /root/NetFPGA10G/NetFPGA-10G-live-release_5.0.0rc/lib/hw/../sw/ -od ../sw/embedded/SDK_Workspace/hw/../empty_application
Xilinx Software Application Generator
Xilinx EDK 13.4 Build EDK_O.87xd
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Xilinx, Inc.  All rights reserved.
ERROR:EDK:3882 - System has multiple processors. To generate an application
ERROR:EDK:3903 - specify the processor name in the system

Options:
  -hw <hardware specification file>
    Specify the XML file to use
  -app <application name>
    Specify the Application to create from the App Repository
  -lapp
    List the Applications in the App Repository
  -pe <processor instance name>
    Specify the Processor Instance in the Hardware
  -stdin <STDIN peripheral instance>
    Specify the peripheral instance to use as STDIN
  -stdout <STDOUT peripheral instance>
    Specify the peripheral instance to use as STDOUT
  -cmem <code memory>
    Specify the memory instance for the program code sections
  -dmem <data memory>
    Specify the memory instance for the program data sections
  -bmem <bss memory>
    Specify the memory instance for the program heap/stack sections
  {-lp <repository_path>}
    Add <repository_path> to the list of Driver/OS/Library search directories.
  -od <output_dir>
    Output Directory to place tool generated files.

make[1]: *** [exporttosdk] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/NetFPGA10G/NetFPGA-10G-live-release_5.0.0rc/projects/reference_nic/hw'
make: *** [SDK_Workspace/hw/system.bit] Error 2

I am confused with where to actually mention which processor I am targeting at. I am attaching the  make file which I modified for a multiprocessor system and the original make file for a single processor system. Please let me know where I should specify the processor name.

Thank you,

Padmaja

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

that seems to be a wierd behavior seen at your end. i have tried to create an multiprocessor example design using XPS.

once this is done, i export to SDK the xml and use appguru to generate the application code. 

refer to this snapshot and use the xml file attached. Try generating this in command line and let us know if you still see issue

--hem

0 Kudos