UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer sridevi123
Observer

FLASH Compatibility (ZYNQ 7045 AXI QUAD SPI in Standard Mode connected to MICRON MT29F2G01ABBGDSF)

Jump to solution

HI

I am trying to test FLASH (MICRON  MT29F2G01ABBGDSF) on ZYNQ 7045 board. I have connected axi spi quad to FLASH as shown in figure.

quad_spi_t.png

I am trying to do PAGE Program and then do PAGE READ but what I get is all 0xFF's.  but I am able to do READ ID, GET Features and SET Features of FLASH. I am not able to read the page

Please can u guide me wheather what I am doing is right or wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar jg_bds
Scholar

Re: FLASH Compatibility (ZYNQ 7045 AXI QUAD SPI in Standard Mode connected to MICRON MT29F2G01ABBGDSF)

Jump to solution

Do you know if the Flash has ever been written?  If it hasn't, your reads could be working fine. 0xFF is the value for an erased byte of Flash.

The problem could be your Writes. Is the page you're trying to program, protected in any way? 

Use an ILA to confirm the proper write sequence:

• 06h (WRITE ENABLE command)
  • 02h (PROGRAM LOAD command)
  • 10h (PROGRAM EXECUTE command)
  • 0Fh (GET FEATURES command to read the status)

-Joe G.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Scholar jg_bds
Scholar

Re: FLASH Compatibility (ZYNQ 7045 AXI QUAD SPI in Standard Mode connected to MICRON MT29F2G01ABBGDSF)

Jump to solution

Do you know if the Flash has ever been written?  If it hasn't, your reads could be working fine. 0xFF is the value for an erased byte of Flash.

The problem could be your Writes. Is the page you're trying to program, protected in any way? 

Use an ILA to confirm the proper write sequence:

• 06h (WRITE ENABLE command)
  • 02h (PROGRAM LOAD command)
  • 10h (PROGRAM EXECUTE command)
  • 0Fh (GET FEATURES command to read the status)

-Joe G.

View solution in original post

Observer sridevi123
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi

Thank you for the answer. The problem was memory was locked.

I have one more question since I am new to vivado. I am trying to add ILA directly to SPI_RTL signals but its showing error. Can u please guide me how can I connect spi_rtl lines directly to ila. and IF i try to add as component and instantiate. when I connect hardware I am getting no ila connected error.

0 Kudos
Scholar jg_bds
Scholar

Jump to solution

Adding ILA to device I/O signals can be tricky. You cannot simply connect ILA to the top-level port as you have it drawn, above, since Vivado will infer and insert necessary I/O buffers inside the AXI Quad SPI block. That means the tool will consider the port and the signals to the port to be the external pins of the chip, which cannot be accessed for ILA. ILA can only look at internal signals.

If you explicity place I/O buffers in your design, you should be able to mark for debug the internal signals between the logic of the IP block and the actual device I/O buffers. I've done one signal below, as a guide.

2019-01-30_7-32-19.jpg

After you've inserted all of the buffers,  you can group-select (CTRL + Left Click) the SPI IP and all of the buffers you've inserted, right click, and then select "Create Hierarchy..." That will put everything in a collapsible box, to clean-up the schematic somewhat.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos
Observer sridevi123
Observer

Jump to solution

Thank you.

I will try this.

0 Kudos