UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant diy_a
Participant

FPGA done_LED is not working after flashing the bitstream file... How to make it work?

Jump to solution

Hai .,

i had bought Zybo Kit 7000 series Family.

i had flashed the Zynq boot image with the following offset values successfully on Zynq Board via Xilinx SDK (ver: 2016.4)

fsbl.elf

system_wrapper.bit

U-boot.elf

U-image 0x600000

dtb file 0xA00000

ramdisk 0xA20000

But the FPGA done_led is not working automatically after a power cycle.

on the other hand, if i program the FPGA MANUALLY via Xilinx SDK , it works and kernel image loads successfully from QSPI Flash.

How to Make FPGA done_LED works automatically?

Thanks in Advance..

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: FPGA done_LED is not working after flashing the bitstream file... How to make it work?

Jump to solution

@diy_a This one would resolve your issue.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Where-does-U-Boot-saveenv-to/td-p/532915

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Re: FPGA done_LED is not working after flashing the bitstream file... How to make it work?

Jump to solution

Hi @diy_a,

When programing the flash, make sure you have selected the correct type of flash:

QSPI.JPG

This should be qspi single for Zybo.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Participant diy_a
Participant

Jump to solution

hi @florentw

thanks for the reply...

But the thing is i had already given the Flash type as qspi_single., still fpga_done LED not working. what should i do now? 

Thanks in advance.,

Screenshot (14).png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @diy_a,

1. Try to generate a .BIN file and boot from SD card.

2. If this works, try to use the .BIN file to program the Flash memory.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@diy_a My guess is you have not set the mode pins to QSPI boot. Set mode to qspi boot and you should be able to boot from the flash after power up.

Refer the attachment.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

forum.JPG
0 Kudos
Participant diy_a
Participant

Jump to solution

Actually i had set the modeboot as QSPI Boot already and followed the same procedures as you said., still the FPGA done_LED is not set after a power cycle.

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@diy_a Weird, Could you enable the debug prints in the FSBL and post your terminal prints here?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59174.html

-Pratham

0 Kudos
Participant diy_a
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi @pratham

Hereby I have attached two log files. 

1. fsbl-bit.log

2. fsbl-no_bit.log

1. fsbl-bit.log 

1)  As you said, I have enabled the debug prints in fsbl_debug.h file and created a boot image using Xilinx SDK 2016.4 with fsbl.elf,system_wrapper.bit and u-boot.elf .

2)  Flashed the boot image via xilinx sdk. 

3) Power off and on the zybo board.

4)  FPGA_done led is set. 

( NOTE: i have'nt loaded the kernel image. So leave it )

5) U-boot prompt is working perfectly.

2. fsbl_no-bit.log

1)  After giving "saveenv"  in u-boot prompt and Power OFF  and ON the zynq board , the FPGA_done bit is not set. 

2) Only when i program FPGA via Xilinix SDK manually,  fsbl starts booting as shown in log fsbl-no-bit.log 

What is the reason behind this behaviour and how to solve this..?

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@diy_a This one would resolve your issue.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Where-does-U-Boot-saveenv-to/td-p/532915

-Pratham

View solution in original post

Participant diy_a
Participant

Jump to solution

Hai @pratham .,

Thanks for the solution ., it worked perfectly 

0 Kudos