UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xmouseii
Visitor

How can I simulate a zynq with PS & PL?

Jump to solution

How can I simulate a zynq with PS & PL? I using Planahead 14.6

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: How can I simulate a zynq with PS & PL?

Jump to solution

@xmouseii alas there is no easy way to simulate PS & PL together. Right now the best thing you can do is to use what's called the "Zynq BFM" which is basically a set of AXI models which allows you to generate transactions just at the axi connectivity between PS & PL but this doesn't allow you to run any code on the processor, you have to convert your processor transactions manually to axi transactions.

There are qemu models of zynq which allow you to simulate & debug your code and it's theoretically possible to integrate qemu and an rtl simulator through DPI. Xilinx has suggested that they might implement something like this for 2017.1. We will see if they actually can pull it off.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Please refer below link documents  and check whether you can find useful information related your query

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp744-HIL-Zynq-7000.pdf

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1086-secure-single-fpga-using-7s-idf.pdf

Also refer https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/61846.html. This answer record was wrote with respect to Vivado  tools users. In  case if you have Vivado tools and if you wish to try example project then it is useful. 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Jump to solution

@xmouseii alas there is no easy way to simulate PS & PL together. Right now the best thing you can do is to use what's called the "Zynq BFM" which is basically a set of AXI models which allows you to generate transactions just at the axi connectivity between PS & PL but this doesn't allow you to run any code on the processor, you have to convert your processor transactions manually to axi transactions.

There are qemu models of zynq which allow you to simulate & debug your code and it's theoretically possible to integrate qemu and an rtl simulator through DPI. Xilinx has suggested that they might implement something like this for 2017.1. We will see if they actually can pull it off.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos