UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jorsong
Observer

How could I put custom ip core data to PLB bus

I am using a v2p borad ,I want to put my own custom ip core's data to PLB bus, How could I do this ,is there any reference design say that?

thank you !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How could I put custom ip core data to PLB bus

In EDK 9.2i (that's the version I have to use at the present time, poor me) there is a wizard for creating/importing custom peripheral IP cores. It'll allow you to generate a master or slave PLB attachment to which you can add your own IP core. You could also just add an interface to the generated attachment and connect your own IP core to it externally outside of processor's wrapper.

I'm not sure though how it has changed in EDK 10 nor 11.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer jorsong
Observer

Thank you for your replying me ....but I still puzzled....I can create a custom ip with PLB ipif support ...but I don't know how to use it..do I need to modify my ip core?
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

If done right, the wizard should create a file called user_logic.vhd under /pcores/<your_ipif_name> in your EDK project directory. That's the file into which you can integrate your own IP core code. Of course you will have to adapt to the IPIF's interface protocoll, but that quite simple. You might also have to make changes to the two generated files if you need external ports to outside of processor's scope.
Newbie mikebardill

Chapter 7 in the following document might help.  I found this to be a good worked example of interfacing custom IP to an embedded processor over PLB.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/edk_ctt.pdf

Also this presentation contains a similar sort of thing.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml505/ml505_11.1_1/docs/ml505_std_ip_pcore_addition.pdf

Observer jorsong
Observer

thank all of you for your answers.... It's of great help.

I think I still need some example to show me how to use PLB...... 

0 Kudos