UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer lpandlly
Observer

How to connect a custom Dual port RAM with OPB?

Hello,
I have tried to connect a Dual Port RAM with OPB, however, I could not make it successfully.

My task is to write a large number of data into this dual port ram through a C application program in EDK, then use VHDL code to control reading the data from it one by one. How can I build such a block ram to satisfy this function?

I have attempted to use user logic address arrange, while every time the data taken out from the ram is 32 bits. I only need 8 bits every time. Is it meaning I have to waste some ram units to store many "00"? And the ram generated by " Create or import peripherals"  is a single port ram. Whenever I read a data from it, it is 32 bits. Some data would be missed or some ram units would be wasted.

Also, in order to save some resources, I  tried to take the advantage of interrupt technology. While, when the interrupt handler is loading new data to the block ram, it missed another interrupt. What can I do?

Could anybody give me some tips? Thanks a lot!

Message Edited by lpandlly on 12-10-2007 12:37 PM
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer svenand
Observer

Re: How to connect a custom Dual port RAM with OPB?

I have designed my own OPB interface to a dual port RAM. To find
out more you can read my blog: http://svenand.blogdrive.com/archive/53.html

Sven
0 Kudos