UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar watari
Scholar

How to control two UART RS2232 by microblaze ?

Jump to solution

Hi all

I'd like to use two UART RS232 (uartlite) and microblaze receives data from each input port and sends data to each output ports on modified XAPP1271.

Now I'm stumbled to add uart interrupt handler and looking for sample C source code.

Could you show sample C source code or reference URL ?

Thank you
Best regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to control two UART RS2232 by microblaze ?

Jump to solution

Hi watari,

you will find a link to the examples for the UART at the BSP screen of the SDK. Among them, there's one with interruptions.

forum.PNG

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ignacio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

You can have two uart controllers and two RS232 ports as provided in Spartan-3e starter kit(snapshot attached).

once this is done, you can set STDIN for one UART controller, STDOUT for the second uart controller.

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi watari,

you will find a link to the examples for the UART at the BSP screen of the SDK. Among them, there's one with interruptions.

forum.PNG

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Ignacio

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Htsvn and Imgignacio

Sorry for my late reply.

We tried to implement two UART lite on XAPP1271 and modified BSP and current source code on XAPP1271 from their suggestions.

Now we already completed modification of XAPP1271 to support two UART lite and it works fine.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

0 Kudos