UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to download program to the sram?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Now I am using the ethernet part ,and generating the lwip test automatically.   But the program is too big to download into the bram.So I want to download it to the sram.   then I modified the generate linker script .   Putting  the data and insruction section into the sram.   Now there are no errors.   Then I am going to download the .bit .bmm and .elf files to the FPGA. Problmes occur.

The following sections did not fit into Processor BRAM memory:
    Section .jcr (0xBB01B0B8 - 0xBB01B0BB)
    Section .eh_frame (0xBB01B0B4 - 0xBB01B0B7)
    Section .data (0xBB01AB20 - 0xBB01B0B3)
    Section .rodata (0xBB019EE4 - 0xBB01AB1F)
    Section .dtors (0xBB019EDC - 0xBB019EE3)
    Section .ctors (0xBB019ED4 - 0xBB019EDB)
    Section .fini (0xBB019EB4 - 0xBB019ED3)
    Section .init (0xBB019E7C - 0xBB019EB3)
    Section .text (0xBB000000 - 0xBB019E7B)

How can I download program directly to the sram?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: How to download program to the sram?

Jump to solution

THANKS

Now I am able to download the elf file with the full path to the elf file , and change the '\' to '/'. It's ok now.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Download the bootloop into the FPGA and then download actual program to SRAM using XMD.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I'm reading the Embedded System Tools Reference Manual,and i'm knowing a little about  the XMD.It says use the dow command to download the elf file.I tried to use it.But I failed.I failed to write the correct file name.It always says cannot open the file.

For exmaple , I want to download the file "test.elf". Then Iaunch the XMD , typed into "dow test.elf".It reports cannot open test.elf.Did the file need the full path to it?Can you give me more advice?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Make sure that you are in a directory where the test.elf is located. Also you have established the connection to the processor (con mb)?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks,

I have checked that the connection has established ,as the picture below shows.pic.jpg

You said weather the .elf file at the right directory.what's the correct directory? Is <project dir>\implementation or  \<project dir>\SDK\project_name\Debug?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello,

It's the full path to the .elf file E:\study\FPGA\NEXYS_3\Study_Courses\Embedded_System_Design-v1.0\Myfile\ethernet\SDK\lwip_echo_server_0\Debug . Is it correct?

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have tried to use several commands in the xmd window , and these commands really work. However , when I use the dow command , it always says "cannot open file" .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

THANKS

Now I am able to download the elf file with the full path to the elf file , and change the '\' to '/'. It's ok now.

0 Kudos