UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to generate software driver for the user ip?

Hello,everyone!

Now I am using Nexys3 board , with XPS 13.2 and SDK 13.2 versions.

I added in the peripheral ip core supplied by the official digilent company. Looking the picture followed.

ATT00003.png

Then I added these three ip core into my project. After generate the netlist and the bitstream, I export them to the SDK. But in the system.mss file shows that

ATT00003.png

To my puzzle, I don't how to add the software driver to these three ip core. Did the software driver supplied by the official company ( Xilinx or Digilent)? Or we our users have to write the softwares drivers by ourselves and how to write.

All your reply will be highly appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: How to generate software driver for the user ip?

Hi,

Do you have the drivers of these IPs located in your XPS project drivers folder? If you do, but you cannot see the drivers are recognized in SDK, here are the workaround you should do:

1, Create a user repository, for example, C:\edk_user_repository\pcores\MyProcessorIPLib

This should not be in your XPS or SDK project directory

2, Copy "drivers" folder from your project directory to above directory  , then you should have    C:\edk_user_repository\pcores\MyProcessorIPLib\drivers

In SDK, add the global repository by selecting Tool > Software Repositories, and add C:\edk_user_repository. 

Now you should be able to choose the drivers in SDK.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hey,

I have check the XPS project floder, there's no driver floder. These user ip cores are joined by the BSB support file which is supplied by the digilent company. And the floder is attached, please have a look.  Thanks for your advice to the condition that the driver floder exist already.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, you may check your EDK installation directory for the IPs and drivers. For example, if the IP dirvers are in the directory (C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\EDK\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers), it should be automatically picked up by the SDK when exporting the design.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

These four xps ip cores are supplied by the digilent company. In the supplied floder attached in the before post don't contain any information about the soft driver.

I think it is sth about the bsb support package.

0 Kudos