UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer mustafaghanim
Observer

How to prevent "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset" error for ZCU104

Jump to solution

I am trying to implement a simple "Hello world" application in Vivado 2018.3 SDK for the target device ZCU104 using block design and Micorblaze. I have done the same and similar projects several times for other boards like Zybo. However, I am always getting "RESET" problem with ZCU104, I am using R24 pin as custom clock and in constraint file to implement a signle-ended clock with 33.33 MHZ frequnecy in the Clock Wizard. I have removed any reset in the Clock Wiazrd for simplicity. I have tried both of using a constant of HIGH to drive the LOW ACTIVE ext_reset in the Reset Processor System, when it did not work out, I tried using DIP switch to control ext_reset. But always the same error after programing FPGA and running debug in SDK "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset", when I try to connect the HIGH ACTIVE RESET of Mircorblaze  directly to a HIGH constant, that error does not come out, However, nothing in printed in the console! 
I am sure that my 33 MHZ clock DIP switches working fine by writing a positive-edge checking code with a LED output and reset button. 

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer mustafaghanim
Observer

Re: How to prevent "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset" error for ZCU104

Jump to solution

I could solve this problem finally by changing the source clock from :

U182.44 PS_REF_CLK LVCMOS18(1) R24  to 300_MHZ differential clock defined by the board interface in Vivado. What I could not understand, I am pretty sure that PS_REF does work, but is it's frequency not competibale with Microblaze? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer mustafaghanim
Observer

Re: How to prevent "cannot stop microblaze. microblaze is held in reset" error for ZCU104

Jump to solution

I could solve this problem finally by changing the source clock from :

U182.44 PS_REF_CLK LVCMOS18(1) R24  to 300_MHZ differential clock defined by the board interface in Vivado. What I could not understand, I am pretty sure that PS_REF does work, but is it's frequency not competibale with Microblaze? 

0 Kudos